We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Hotel or Pulitzer - Which One ????

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
2 posts
Save Topic
American Hotel or Pulitzer - Which One ????

Anyone stayed at either or both ? Suggestions ???

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Hotel or Pulitzer - Which One ????

Have stayed at Pulitzer , top of the range on nice canal , but very close to all attraction.

Never stayed at Amrican , is it Crown Plaza American ? if so the recent reviews are very good , but there are a few not so good, from the past.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Hotel or Pulitzer - Which One ????

Z,

Never stayed at Pulitzer, but just stayed at Amsterdam American which used to be the Crown Plaza American. My family loved it, even my teenager. Check out the reviews on the Amsterdam hotels forum. Any specific questions I would be happy to answer.

MB

Amstelveen, The...
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Hotel or Pulitzer - Which One ????

That is a great predicament to be in, since they are both great hotels, though the locations are starkly different. The Pulitzer is very picturesque on a beautiful Canal. The American is Art Deco on the most hopping square in the city (Leidseplein). The food is slightly better, but more expensive at the Pulitzer as is the service.

Pulitzer is closer to the Anne Frank House, Dam Square, Royal Palace...

American is closer to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, and of course, the Leidseplein.

Both have great Sunday brunches. If price were no object and I were going to Amsterdam for the first time I would choose the Pulitzer for its charm, but you can't really go wrong with either choice.

Rich G.