We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from brussels to schipol...

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
train from brussels to schipol...

In December, I am thinking of taking the train from Brussels to Amsterdam Schipol Airport. The train is scheduled to pull into Schipol at around 0845hrs and my flight is at 1100hrs. Any feedback on whether this is wise - possibility of delays/strikes etc? Anyone else experienced in using the train service to Schipol. Unfortunately, flying is too expensive because it will be a one-way trip. Thanks!

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from brussels to schipol...

No strikes that I am aware of. Weather could be a factor but you'd be very unlucky as snow is rare at this time of year. I don't see a problem.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from brussels to schipol...

hi,

unexpected delays can always happen, but apart from that....I don t see any problems, as long as you comply with your check in time, subject to where you fly to.

regards

wiki

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,359 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from brussels to schipol...

It should be ok as long as your train is not delayed (which it normally isn't) but I can't see a train that gets into Schiphol at that time. The first train from NS leaves Brussels at 0640 and gets into Schiphol at 0921, the Thalys is even later, which should still leave you time to catch your flight, just. Are you sure that is the time the train gets in. Please double check it

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from brussels to schipol...

thanks for sharing. and ronaldo, i checked - apparently before 8th december, there are indeed no trains coming in at 0845h, but after 8th december, seems there's one leaving at 0615h. which date did you check. am grateful nevertheless for your advise.

5. Re: train from brussels to schipol...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 13, 2009