We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking policy

Colorado Springs, CO
5 posts
Save Topic
Smoking policy

Was wondering if marijuana smoking is tolerated in the privacy of the room?

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking policy

Hi Rob,

Most hotels frown upon it. In some i have heard they will charge you to clean the room of odours!! However, that said, many people take a liitle puff out of their window discretely! There are also some hotels that are quite willing and happy for you to smoke ie Hotel Brian ( although very basic hotel) , Amsterdam Escape rooms and apartments and GreenHouse effect. You may even wish to google "smoking hotels amsterdam" and see what comes up!!

You coudl also ask this question at ignatzmice.com who deal a lot with RLD and coffeshop type questions.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking policy

I think that Hemi is a bit harsh; as I said in reply to your other similar post, it goes on in many hotels.

Hotels sometimes do charge for cleaning a room if you smoke anything, including cigarettes, in a no-smoking room. And rightly so.

But puffing the odd joint is not going to have the management beating down your door!!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking policy

sorry for being so harsh:) lol

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking policy

i have never had a problem in any hotel i have stayed in.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,718 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking policy

It seems to vary greatly from hotel to hotel. The Estherea is very strict about it, to to point of having signs in the rooms specifically stating that smoking dope is not tolerated. Conversely, the last time I was at the Krasnapolski there were times the corridors stank of weed.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking policy

All of the budget places (with the exception of the Brouwer) I have stayed at over the years have been OK with smoking.

I would say the same thing about the Marriott and the Rennissance but I relaize that since I stayed at those places Marriott has gone smoke free world wide.

The Tulip in near vondalpark/marriott was the only place I have seen that said Ok to smoking but no to pot.

Colorado Springs, CO
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking policy

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am planning on staying at the Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel. Does anyone know if it's tolerated there in smoking rooms? Are they one of those hotels that have a sign in the room saying no dope smoking?

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking policy

i now prefer to rent an apartment knowing that if i choose to smoke i can ....works better for me than smoking discreetly and then getting "paranoid" about being caught etc ......

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking policy

Renting? I thought you were considering buying one! :-p

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking policy

Hi Bas, yep, i want to buy one. After renting an apartment on my last few visits, it seems the way to go! I will be looking around on my next visit............so if you see any bargains................let me know!!!!!