We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Amsterdam in Dec. Questions

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tennessee
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Amsterdam in Dec. Questions

I'll be in Amsterdam in December. I've read several pages trying to find info on using ATM cards in Amsterdam. I heard that cards with the Maestro and Cirrus logo work. My debit card doesn't have either, it has Plus, Star and Interlink logos on it. Will it work in Amsterdam? It is a US debit card. I don't want to arrive carrying wads of cash.

I'll be staying near Vondel Park/ leidesplein, where are the nearest supermarkets? Also is the Albert Cuyp market within walking distance? Is there a Post Office in that area?

I'm planning to visit the coffeeshops and I am wondering if it's okay to take the stuff back to my hotel to smoke?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to Amsterdam in Dec. Questions

i use my Hsbc debit.mastercard everytime with no problems , there is a cash mashine in the baggage claim area i usually hit that first.

12. Re: Going to Amsterdam in Dec. Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 10, 2009