We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much Cash for a 11 days in A' dam????

California
2 posts
Save Topic
How much Cash for a 11 days in A' dam????

I will be travelling to Amsterdam at the end of may for about eleven days. I am a twnety year old male. I am hearing different stories from different people on whether or not it is wise to travel by myself??? Do locals like americans? Do local women like American men? And I will have $1500 USD spending cash with me for eleven days. Will that suffice???

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Likely To Sell Out
Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields...
1,725 Reviews
from $73.80*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam...
2,389 Reviews
from $73.80*
Special Offer
Zaans Schans Windmills, Tulips...
455 Reviews
from $123.80*
$147.60
england
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much Cash for a 11 days in A' dam????

yes you should be ok happy men who are coloured and linger around will ask you if you want coke or pills just politley say no thanks and carry on walking dont stop or they will think u are interested well im english and they dont have a problem with me or americans as far as i can tell and i go alot

england
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much Cash for a 11 days in A' dam????

and yes u should have enough money jusy spend about 70 -80 on your first couple of days till u get the hang of the cost of things

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How much Cash for a 11 days in A' dam????

Are you saying you are taking that amount of spending money in cash? If so, you might want to consider using an ATM card tied to your checking or savings acct. (yes, I know--what's that? lol) Anyway, it's alot safer in any big city to withdraw a little at a time, although I never felt threatened at all in Amsterdam.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands