We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Airport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Topic
Schiphol Airport

We are planning to visit Amsterdam on an 11 hour layover in Shiphol. I have read the many helpful post on this topic. I have a question about storing our luggage. We arrive on Delta and will be continuing on with Transavia. I checked the Schiphol map and airline info. It appears that Delta uses Departure Hall 1 and Transavia uses Departure Hall 3. I would like to store luggage near our departure area. How quickly can we walk from the Delta arrival area to the Transavia departure area? Are there storage lockers in the area of the Transavia departure?

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schiphol Airport

Hi there again.

You can find all information here:

www.schiphol.com/_inchecken_bagage/portlet/

Bagagekluizen.jsp;jsessionid=FTL2PH9f9ycHLJRQNvT5g2BWy!45127038?PORTLET%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673763608&FOLDER%3C%3E

folder_id=2534374302572183&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395729234&VIRTUAL_TEMPLATE%3C%3Evt_id=10134198673766956&bmUID=1171458238659

As far as I know, Transavia mostly has check in counters 3 and 4 in departure hall 1 instead of 3 and Delta is in 3......... These Transavia counters are in the furthest right corner when standing in front of them, back facing the window, you will understand what I mean when you are there. Right behind the counters on the right you will find the closest lockers as far as I know. They do EUR 5.00 per 24 hrs.

But I would not be surprised if you can already check in your lugage immideately upon arrival from Delta.

From Delta arrivals / luggage claim to Transavia is somewhat 5 minutes walk...just hit the stairs again direction departures 1 as indicated by the big yellow signs on the ceilings.....

And by the way, be aware of Transavia bagage limitations, only 1 piece of max 20 kgs of checked bagage, and all excess baggage kgs untill maximum of 12 kgs totally eur 6.00 per kg pe rone way.

Regards

Marcel

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schiphol Airport

Marcel

Just want to be sure I understand the Schiphol airport layout.

Will we be able to walk directly from the Delta arrivals area to the Transavia departure area?

Is there any security check between these areas?

Mary

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schiphol Airport

Hi Mary.

You ll have to pass bagageclaim and customs, as the Delta arrivsld is naturally in the arrivals level on ground floor and Transavia counter is in departurelevel on the first floor.

Sounds tricky, but in fact it means lugage claim, customs, then right around the corner pass the AKO bookshop, and then again to the departures 1, meaning using the electric stairways to the 2nd level.

Which also means you will have to clear customs again after check in.

Like indicated earlier, you might wanna try to get your luggage labelled through, but I doubt that will be possible in this case.

Good luck.

Regards.

Marcel

4. Re: Schiphol Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 am, August 30, 2009