We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those Dam Boat Guys question

Oregon
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Those Dam Boat Guys question

Didn't see any dates for December listed. Do those dam boat boys not operate in December or am I too early to book for that month.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,897 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

It is a bit cold out on the water in an open boat. I doubt they operate much past the end of November. I see they have an enclosed boat though but they might be using that for the light festival. I would not be booking so far ahead anyway and there are plenty of other boat tours these days.

2. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:57 am, November 17, 2017
Edited: 2:57 am, November 17, 2017
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

Well, it might be a bit early, but do check about an enclosed boat. A "regular " canal boat is OK but with Those Dam Boat Guys you can bring your own picnic, drinks and smoke, no can do on a regular canal boat, not by a long shot.

Victoria, Minnesota
Level Contributor
314 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

You could also try http://www.smokeboat.com if you are looking for a tour which allows smoking/alcohol.

Oregon
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

Thanks for the replies

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

I would keep checking their website. It may be that they are waiting to open up the Canal Light Festival cruises in December. We booked well ahead last year for a December 20 cruise. It was a fun time with a small group of people, beautiful light sculptures, and heated pots of gluhwein, and I am so glad we did that cruise rather than one of the bigger boat cruises. One could lounge in an open area at the back of the boat and converse with the Captain, smoke, or just enjoy being outside on the canals. Be forewarned, at the end of the cruise there is quite a large step up to get back up to the street. I had to crawl up onto the step on my knees and then stand up. They really need to add a temporary step there for older people.

7. Re: Those Dam Boat Guys question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, yesterday