We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ribs in Amsterdam

Aberdeen, Scotland...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ribs in Amsterdam

Hi everyone,

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my trip plans for this weekend and looking for a recommendation for a restaurant to eat ribs. I have been to Amsterdam several times before and we have some "nice" restaurants booked, but last time we visited we also ate some delicious ribs and just wanted to seek your advise on the best restaurant for this, since I remember there was quite a lot of competition last time!

Thanks in advance!

K

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,157 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

While you await our rib experks to show up you may want to do a search in the search box just above your post

There are 60-70 threads dealing with ribs in Amsterdam.

A fairly popular question

Aberdeen, Scotland...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

Already done, but looking for some up to date advice! Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

IME best ribs are at Cannibal Royale. The one in the RLD has excellent chicken wings also. If you are here MOnday then Coco's Outback bar do half price ribs (all food is half price) on Mondays.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

http://gracelandbbq.com/

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

Graceland was also really good. The pulled pork there - mama mia. Ribs were great but it is a bit outa the centre

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

I agree with Ron on Cannibale Royale.

For some more choices I'll add that the ribs at De Reiger are quite good as well. And if I remember correctly, also at Tripel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

Last summer we visited Graceland and loved it. They have a large outdoor area. The food was delish. Pulled pork outstanding. We definitely were the only nonlocals there. Brian, the manager/owner sat with us for a short while. I guess he knew we were Americans. You just can't hide it.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

Actually kind of surprised no one has mentioned this place yet:

https:/…163487837137228

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

Dick, I never found the ribs at De Klos all that good. Now that there are so many more options, I see no reason to go experience their put-on show of over the top brusqueness, and wait with other tourists for a table. The lamb shoulder, maybe, but for me De Klos is past it's prime, much like Supperclub.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ribs in Amsterdam

De Klos is ok but I have to agree with Pala that there are better options in town now