We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

Does anyone happen to know a good sports or Irish bar to watch the rugby in on Saturday? We would like to try somewhere other than Coco's for a change. Likewise if anyone can suggest a few good traditional Dutch bars or lounge bars that are worth trying?....thanks in advance

Best Seller
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and...
2,312 reviews
from $68.50*
Best Seller
Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
Likely To Sell Out
Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields...
1,677 reviews
from $73.50*
Bruges Day Trip from Amsterdam
942 reviews
from $118.40*
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

Good Sports Bar includes the Sports Bar on the corner of the Leidseplein, next to the Bulldog! It has several tv screens throughout the bar! - but don't know if they are showing the Rugby this weekend.

Irish Bars include the Tara (on the Rokin) Mulligans (on the Amstel) and (my favourite!) Durty Nellie's on the Warmoesstraat!! See: http://www.xs4all.nl/~nellys/nellmain.htm

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

I would never class the Sky Sports Cafe on Leidseplein as a good place for anything. It's a hole of a place, really. I swear by Coco's, I will never go anywhere else. I used to go to O'Reilly's Irish Bar, just off Damn Square, almost adjacent to the big Albert Heijn there. It can be difficult to see a screen there, which is why I changed. Great atmosphere though

I believe Geoff has recommended Cafe Corso for the rugby before also. And the Tara, another Irish Bar, on the Rokin, would also be a bus spot for the rugby

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

If you want to watch in a 'rugby' pub then it simply has to be Cafe Corso in the RLD.

travel.ciao.co.uk/Cafe_Corso__Review_5403842

There will be plenty of pubs showing the game but none come close to there IMHO.

NY
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

How about some suggestions for 3 Americans looking to enjoy/join the locals watching their favorite sport from their favotire watering hole? Rugby? Soccer/Football? Something authentic.

We'll be there the 9th and 10th of March.

NY
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

bump

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

10th March is a rugby weekend, so I'd suggest heading along to the Cococ pub mentioned above (www.cocosoutback.com). It's just off of Rembrantsplein, good food, variety of beers, lots of people in for the rugby, always a good atmosphere

7. Re: Best Sports Bar Apart From Coco's Outback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 25, 2009