We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Happy Hours in AMS

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Happy Hours in AMS

I take it that Happy Hours abound in Ams but are any nice places where you could get a few budget beers for those on a bit of a shoestring.

Proost

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Happy Hours in AMS

If you want to drink beer not lager I suggets you stay away from any of the places advertising cheap beer!!!!

See the other thread regarding the cost of beer. Drinking is not cheap in the Dam, that's where most of MY money goes!!

Piglet:-)

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Happy Hours in AMS

The only one I know of is at Cocos Outback, Thorbeckeplein, off Rembrantplein (www.cocosoutback.com), which has half price beer between 5 and 6. Thats 2.20 for a pint instead of 4.40. They also do cocktail happy hour between 2200 and 2300.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Happy Hours in AMS

Beer is cheaper if you buy it by the pitcher; most Irish bars in the city offer pitchers of beer! (assuming you are not on your own!!).

Generally, the further you are away from the central tourist area and if you go to a local neighbourhood bar, you will find beer etc cheaper!

Cork
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Happy Hours in AMS

Thanks for the feedback fellas

Are there any real bars for locals near the centre that just charge normal beer prices that are avoided by the stag brigades etc.

Is it a misconception that because it is a brown bar that it will tend to be cheaper than a 'modern' pub??

Thanks

5. Re: Best Happy Hours in AMS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 24, 2009