We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of beer??

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
532 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Price of beer??

Can anyone tell me what the averaged price of a beer is in amsterdam, also are any places better than others to drink. does the price vary from place to place at all?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of beer??

Yes the price varries of course .. on average expect to pay Euro 2 for a small beer , 4 for a large one....geoff

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of beer??

It depends what you mean by beer? Lager, bitter/ale, bottled, draft etc.

Speciality beers are more like 2.50 - 3.50 euros for a 25cl/33cl bottle depending where you drink them (I'm talking proper real ale here!)

If you drink around the touristy areas (Dam, Leidseplein etc) it will be more expensive than in less touristy areas.

Piglet:-)

uk
Level Contributor
532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of beer??

Hi i was thinking more along the lines of lager. Also what is the price of spirits like? Does amsterdam have its own local spirit??

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of beer??

Lager approx. the same prices as mentioned earlier. All depends on where you're planning to drink; high-end establishments charge a lot more. Normal liquor will do around € 7 on average I think.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of beer??

Normal proprietary brand Whisky , JW Red Label , Grouse etc Euro 3.80 in Cafe Corso , Euro 5 in Lord Mikes bar. ..geoff

6. Re: Price of beer??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 23, 2009