We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel ac in June

Houston
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel ac in June

How hot and muggy is it typically in June? Is air conditioning in our hotel room needed? We will be in Amsterdam for just one night in the middle of June. We would love to stay somewhere small with charm, not a chain. I realize that it is mainly the chains with ac. Should we give up charm for ac? We live in a hot, sticky climate and are used to constant ac. We don't want to be miserable on our 1 night in Amsterdam. But if ac isn't necessary, we can forgo it.

I know that this has been discussed in previous posts, but I haven't seen June mentioned specifically. Thank you for your opinion.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel ac in June

hi , in my experience heatwaves in June are unusual , and highly unlikely...geoff

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel ac in June

I would be extremely strange if you needed ac in june. The summer weather in Amsterdam is NOTHING like Houston or even St Louis where I live most of the year. If you have ever been to Chicago or Toronto in summer .... that is more of what you would expect from the weather in Amsterdam in the summer.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel ac in June

I would stick with the charm!! In June temperatures here are not as high as Houston and the humidity is lower in summer; mind you I did splash out and buy a mobile a/c unit for my apartment last year - but that was in July!!

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel ac in June

Yes heatwaves in June are unusual but so is this winter! In the last few years we seem to of had beautiful May's and soggy june's. I guess it depends how you want to gamble.

Houston
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel ac in June

Thank you for your opinions. Based on this feedback, I think we will opt for charm as we will be in the city less than 24 hours.

6. Re: hotel ac in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 22, 2009