We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bodies exhibition

belfast
14 posts
Save Topic
bodies exhibition

Does anybody know if i can purchase tickets for the bodies exhibition locally in amsterdam--and is it worthwhile going to see?

thanks

New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bodies exhibition

I didn't know Bodies was in Amsterdam right now, but what a pleasant surprise! I saw it about a year ago here in Manhattan and it was fabulous. Its truly something you must experience, especially if you are at all sort-of "scientifically inclined" (very loosely defined) or curious about the world.

I would assume you can buy tickets right there at the exhibit, and I believe the times listed are very loose (i.e., not used/enforced, even though they're listed on the tickets).

Do you know its location and directions on how to get there?

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bodies exhibition

Hello

Perhaps below info will help you.

Anyway it is a 6 min walk from the Amsterdam Centraal station.

Vic

http://www.beursvanberlage.net/

belfast
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bodies exhibition

thanks---i know how to get there--just wondering if i can buy tickets at the venue?

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bodies exhibition

According to the website - yes, you can buy tickets at the venue, but you're advised to pre-order.

I haven't seen the exhibit in the Berlage Beurs, but it seems to be a copy of the Gunther von Hagen exhibit ("Körperwelten/Body Worlds")that has been touring the world since 1995. With an important difference: Von Hagen shows bodies from volunteers, while Glover (I think he used to work for Von Hagen) alledgedly uses bodies from "unconsenting" Chinese prisoners...

www.bodiesamsterdam.nl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Worlds

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bodies exhibition

Yes, it is well worth going to see - it is incredible, even if the idea may be a bit spooky.

And yes, tickets are easily available even in the evenings and weekends (or at least they were available last week!)

belfast
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bodies exhibition

thanks a lot--sharon

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bodies exhibition

We just went to the exhibit in Seattle, Washington. Hubby did not like it all. I thought it was interesting but it was very crowded!

I would recommend it to those of you who are interested in body function and seeing it from this type of view point!

8. Re: bodies exhibition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 23, 2009