We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Which Eindhoven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Would anyone be able to tell me if tickets are generally available at the station or are the trains sold out on the day?

1. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:57 pm, January 24, 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,207 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Hi there,

Depends on the route you choose, see www.bahn.de for quite a few options. If it incorporates ICE or IC trains, not only is there a risk of selling out but also pre-bought tickets (upto 90 days ahead) can be massively cheaper than tickets bought on the day itself. Also I doubt whether Eindhoven station can sell these reservations at all, only about 10 large stations have a NSHispeed desk. So if you plan those trains, do prebook...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,574 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

The NSHispeed site does not even recognise Scheeßel as a station so you will have to use the Bahn site and as Erik said there is no NSHispeed ticket desk in Eindhoven (actually only Schiphol, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Breda, Arnhem, Utrecht & Amsterdam CS).

This is a long 6h30min journey though with at least 3 changes of train.

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

So, where do you recommend I take the train from?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm from Dublin, Ireland and have no knowledge of any of this.

Cheers, Ciaran

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,207 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Hi again Ciaran,

Simply from Eindhoven, BUT prebook your tickets on www.bahn.de. This way it's cheaper and you can get reservations; Eindhoven station counter can sell you tickets (most likely) but no reservations.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,574 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Definately book in advance. You can get a fare from €29 whereas the full flex fare is €91

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Cheers to Erik and Sandya and Ronaldo too.

If I have any other problems I'll let you know.

Ciaran

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

Can't you fly to Bremen or Hamburg?

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

It's a lot more expensive

10. Re: Train from Eindhoven to Scheessel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 31, 2014