We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Weitpass in Eindhoven

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The Weitpass in Eindhoven

Is the pass in place currently?

If not, what is the general feeling, would you think that it will be imploding on the public on Jan 1. or is there an earlier time limit?

TIA,

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

seems you already asked about eindhoven...not much has changed in a week..

tripadvisor.com/…41894230

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,409 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

Funny how the weedpass and the drug laws in the NL a topic that TA claims is not travel related is next to hotel questions the single most important and often asked question here on the NL forums by those considering a visit.

And it is in the NL not a discussion of anything illegal.

Just a hint to those from TA that might be reading

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

I was hoping to hear from locals or recent visitors, to get a sense of what people are saying.

This has not occurred as yet, if this is ok with concerned citizens.

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

---

Edited: 11:29 pm, July 05, 2012
Leiden, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

If you want to visit a coffeshop, you have to go above the big rivers, for example Rotterdam, Utrecht, Nijmegen. But I think you won't have to do much effort by scoring some marihuana on the streets. I think you have most chance contacting arabic guys. But you could expect some awkward looks or even more. Could be risky and is definetly illegal. Smoking outside is not risky at all though, but don't blow the smoke in a cops face. Form jan 2013 everywhere in the Netherlands you need a Wietpas to buy in a coffeshop. You can only get a Wietpas if you're Dutch. If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much!

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

So the pass is currently in effect in EIjndhoven? I am not that interested in street sales if I can be in Amsterdam or above the big rivers.

So Nijmedgen does NOT have the weit pass?

7. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, May 18, 2015
8. Re: The Weitpass in Eindhoven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Eindhoven