We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eindhoven to Geel

Which Eindhoven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galway, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Eindhoven to Geel

I was wondering anyone could please help me. I want to travel from Eindhoven Airport to Geel and I would like to know the best way by public transport

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,626 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

Well, there aren't that many cross-border bus lines. 'Safe' way I can find is train: Eindhoven-Roosendaal, Roosendaal-Antwerp, Antwerp-Geel. (And in any case first city bus airport to Eindhoven station).

But probably best to ask in Belgium forum, they're better aware of the Belgian bus lines reaching into the area closer to Eindhoven.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Galway, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

thank you very much

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

The (train) route suggested by ErikdR seems like a big detour. There are cross-border bus lines - maybe that saves you some time and/or money.

First, you will have to take line 401 from Eindhoven Airport to Eindhoven Station.

From Eindhoven Station, take Hermes bus line 172 to Luyksgestel (approx. 1 hour), and change there to Hermes bus line 472 to Lommel Station (Belgium - approx. 18 minutes). From there, you can take the train to Geel (16 minutes).

I assume you can use the Strippenkaart on line 172; on line 472, you will have to buy a ticket from the bus driver. You can buy the train ticket at the train station in Lommel.

Make sure that you plan the trip carefully - and ask the bus driver where you can best change to bus 472.

Line 172: hermes.nl/reisplanner/dienstregeling/lijn…

Line 472: hermes.nl/reisplanner/dienstregeling/lijn…

Belgian train: www.b-rail.be/main/E/

(I hope the links to the Hermes site keep working - their site doesn't seem to work that well, and is very inaccessible.)

Edited: 11:16 am, August 15, 2011
Liberec, Czech...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

This information is very useful, thank you! Do you know how much will I have to pay for tickets if I take this route?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

It's a shame there connections from Eindhoven to Belgium are so bad. They really should invest in a train connection and a proper highway to Hasselt.

The Belgians already built their part of that highway years ago (N74) but it ends at the dutch border....

There also is a railtrack from Geel to Weert but no trains (perhaps cargo)

Edited: 5:22 am, October 11, 2011
6. Re: Eindhoven to Geel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2012