We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

Which Eindhoven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eindhoven, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

Hi, I am planing to go from Eindhoven to Leuven (KU Leuven) by train. I would very appreciate if anyone could tell me which is the most convinient way. Thank you very much!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,336 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

Hi there,

Quite complex, as Eindhoven though close to the Belgian border has no southbound train line. Use www.b-rail.be, possible connections through Roosendaal-Antwerp and through Maastricht-Liege. Or possibly some googling gives an express cross-border bus, from the Belgian 'De Lijn' company, after which you can take Belgian train?

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

Quickest seems to be thru Maastricht and Liege. Takes 2 hours 30 mins and two changes.

From Eindhoven you don't have good Belgium-bound bus connections. Maybe it's time for a good bus to Antwerpen, I think in a far history there was such connection.

Edited: 3:37 am, January 21, 2011
Eindhoven, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

Thank you very much for your advice. I think I will go from Eindhoven to Leuven by train via Maastricht and Liege.

Nice weekend!

4. Re: Question on the train from Eindhoven to Leuven?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 23, 2012