We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulip Season Tourism

Which Eindhoven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tulip Season Tourism

We are thinking of coming to Holland, any maybe Holland plus another destination in April. We will be on the ground for 11 or 12 days.

To see the tulips and all do you recommend a cruise or renting a car and driving around? If I do a cruise I doubt if I would want to do more than 4 or 5 days cruising.

Any itinerary you suggest?

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulip Season Tourism

Hey, found your question at the Eindhoven Forum. This town is about 130 miles from the tulips! You should go from the Schiphol airport to Haarlem and surroundings. Even if you wish and the weather is good, that time you can rent a bike and cross through the nice smelling perfumed fields! Thats the way!! Between the fields a bus cannot enter, so small roads. But you can rent a car and go around there , just let pass by all the bikers!

April is the best month.

Wish you a pleasant stay. Get informed by the tourist board of Haarlem.

Edited: 12:15 pm, January 01, 2011
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,646 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulip Season Tourism

Yes, good info! Read all about the main tulip exhibition at www.keukenhof.nl. And indeed Eindhoven can only be a stepping stone (e.g. cheap flights from Stansted), main fun is along the Haarlem-Leiden axis.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

3. Re: Tulip Season Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 01, 2011