We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eindhoven to Amsterdam and Bruges

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Eindhoven to Amsterdam and Bruges

I have the opportunity of a cheap flight to Eindhoven but do not like driving on the right. I was thinking of staying in Eindhoven for 3 nights and travelling to Amsterdam one day and to Bruges on another day. Is this feasible? Any ideas of best mode of transport and approx cost would be useful. Many thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,743 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eindhoven to Amsterdam and Bruges

Hi there,

Yes is (more or less) feasible. Better choose a hotel in Eindhoven at walking distance from Eindhoven (Central) station then. There is a direct bus from airport to station.

At www.ns.nl you see the connectivity to Amsterdam Central and price. Basically 4 trains per hour, 2 direct and 2 with transfer at Utrecht; taking roughly 90 mins. So an easy daytrip.

At www.b-rail.be or www.nshispeed.nl you find the connectivity and price to Brugge. Two transfers (Roosendaal and Antwerp) and roughly 4 hours one way. So doubtful whether this would be nice as a day trip, 2 days suits better.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,905 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eindhoven to Amsterdam and Bruges

Do you actually WANT to saty in Eindhoven? Would make more sense to stay somewhere you wanted to go, Why not take the train from Eindhoven to Amsterdam after your (I presume Ryanscare) flight and stay there. You can also do Brugge easier with only one change in Antwerp and I think around 3 hours or just a bit over. Still a bit far for ady trip IMO though.

By the way you can fly from Bristol to Amsterdam direct on Easyjet. Maybe more expensive but when you add up the extra train fares I don't think there will be much difference.

3. Re: Eindhoven to Amsterdam and Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:35 am, October 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eindhoven