We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

England
Level Contributor
145 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

Can anyone advise what is the quickest way to get to from Amsterdam to Den Bosch and also back again in the same day. Is it necessary to change trains or is there a more direct route or bus , tram etc? I dont know either which train station I need to be at to get to Den Bosch as there seem to be a few there. I would like to go for a day trip and see the city sights. Which stop is best for the city? Does the return transport back to Amsterdam run in the evenings around 8'ish? Ive had a good look on the forums but cant find an up to date answer. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Den Bosch
Den Bosch
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,303 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

Hi there,

75 mins by direct train, 2 x per hour. See www.ns.nl. Use station names Amsterdam Centraal and Den Bosch...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Den Bosch
Den Bosch
Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

Note that there are currently works on this route - during the weekends, there won't be any trains between Utrecht and Den Bosch, so you will need to change to a bus for the final part of the route (or the first part, when you're going back to Amsterdam). I believe these engineering works are scheduled to be completed around July 11th. Check the NS website for more details (use the journey planner and enter the date and time you plan to travel). Check again just before you leave - there might be last-minute changes...

This doesn't make any difference with regard to the tickets - the train tickets give entry to the buses that replace the trains during the weekends.

"'s-Hertogenbosch", or "Den Bosch", is the name of the main station in the centre. 's-Hertogenbosch is the official name, Den Bosch is the colloquial name.

Mentioned in this post
Utrecht
Utrecht
Utrecht Province, The Netherlands
Den Bosch
Den Bosch
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
England
Level Contributor
145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

Thanks JanToo. I will check before I go. Might change the planned date to during the week as was going to go on the weekend.

Moscow
Level Contributor
921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

I've just spent the day in Den Bosch. Wet and windy weather later during the day but the trains working perfectly. By the way, for first time visitors, there a good and free wifi connection on the intercity trains.

Mentioned in this post
Den Bosch
Den Bosch
5. Re: travel to den bosch from amsterdam and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 07, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Den Bosch
More Den Bosch Topics