We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses around Breda

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Buses around Breda

I have always wanted to go to Breda for the Redhead weekend held at the end of August each year so this year I went ahead and booked 3 nights at the only hotel we could afford - Premiere Class, Breda.

Looking at the location on Google Maps, the hotel is about an hour's walk from the centre of Breda so would love some advice on public transport. It shows that a bus number 131 goes close to the hotel (I think) but I have tried to find a bus map and can't. On the Veolia website you have to enter station names so I get stuck.

Please can anyone give me some advice for me travelling around Breda for this event so we don't have to walk or rely on a taxi while we are there? Thank you in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,513 posts
228 reviews
1. Re: Buses around Breda

Hi there,

www.9292.nl/en is all you need; enter hotel address and then Breda Station to get directions.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,247 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Buses around Breda

9292ov.nl/en is your friend. You can also find public transport info on google maps. Yes the 131 goes closest but it only runs every hour an every 2 hours at the weekend. You need to walk about 15 mins to catch the 1 or 7 busses.

Use Bus stop Vlaszak, Breda as your destination.

Breda is very nice by the way.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: Buses around Breda

Thank you. I will explore the website. May I ask if you know about evening buses? By evening I mean 7-9pm.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,513 posts
228 reviews
4. Re: Buses around Breda

The site gives all timings for the day. Evening generally the frequency is reduced upto some extent...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
5. Re: Buses around Breda

There is a map on the Veolia site under Reisinformatie - Regionale reisinformatie - Lijnennetkaart - Breda.

Or just click here: veolia-transport.nl/brabant/_meta/documenten…

The location of the hotel is indeed not that great, it is in an industrial / commercial area.

I would consider doing like the locals do, and rent a bicycle. There is a dedicated cycling lane starting at your hotel, and ending in the city center. It should be about 20 minutes cycling from your hotel to the city center.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
883 posts
265 reviews
6. Re: Buses around Breda

Premier Class is in a NON COZY part out of town in the middle of big company office buildings and working places.

My advice is to take a B&B and walk to all festivities

PM sent.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
7. Re: Buses around Breda

Just to update: With the help of DutchTravelagent, we have made enquiries on a more central B&B with only a 10 minute walk to where the Redhead Day event will take place. They have vacancy for the dates and I'm now awaiting a reservation confirmation.

It'll be much more of a delightful holiday if we can secure this B&B... fingers crossed!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,614 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Buses around Breda

So are you saying that DutchTravelagent solicited business from you using this forum.

Schande schande.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
9. Re: Buses around Breda

As I have to book and pay the B&B direct, the only way DutchTravelagent could possibly profit from his helpfulness is if he actually owns the B&B himself. In either case, it will save me and my husband an hour walk each morning and evening and for that I am grateful!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
883 posts
265 reviews
10. Re: Buses around Breda

The b&b is not mine nor relatives! lol

Reply to: Buses around Breda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Breda
Recent Conversations