We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Hey,

I'm fairly sure there's a train from Dusseldorf airport to Venlo, but just wondering on how much it would cost and such.

There seems to be many different train lines around Europe and it's all a bit confusing.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this.

14 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,760 posts
231 reviews
1. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Hi there,

Yes it is. Use www.bahn.de for all details. Don't use station 'Dusseldorf Airport' but 'Dusseldorf HBf' (central). Use light rail S7 from Airport terminal C to the main station. The Airport station is 10-15 mins by (free) cable car from the terminal but on the north-south line so from there you'd still need a train to HBf before going in western Venlo direction.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

You will need to change, probabaly twice. Bahn.de will give you the times and the fares, starting from the airport (Dusseldorf airport (terminal)).

Venlo, The...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

I live in Venlo, and I've flown in/out of Düsseldorf airport quite a few times (last time was last week).

Use www.bahn.de, and type "dusseldorf flughafen terminal" after "von", and of course "venlo" after "nach".

Then you will see that you will need the S11 from Düsseldorf airport terminal to Düsseldorf Hbf (main station), and than one other train to Venlo.

It is the "terminal" in the "von" name, that makes the difference.

Take care: in Düsseldorf airport, you will see signs for two different trains: S1 and S11. For S1 you need to first take the mono rail. But S11 starts/ends right under the terminal building. So it is most convenient to take the S11. Read the signs carefully.

From Düsseldorf Hbf it is one train to Venlo. It stops for more than 10 minutes in Mönchen-Gladbach Hbf, where it also changes direction. So don't be scared in thinking that the train returns to Düsseldorf already.

Also take care: there is labour unrest in Germany amongst the train drivers. There have already been three "Warnstreiks" (warning strikes). So check www.bahn.de/aktuell and www.gdl.de before you travel.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,991 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Use the below link. It's the same German railroad site previously mentioned, but it's the version that's been translated for Irish/UK travelers.

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

Fryeburg
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
5. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Thank you so much! Your info told me just exactly what I needed to know.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Please is there a direct train Venlo from Dusseldorf central rail station

Regards

St. Petersburg...
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

hey...im going to go from venlo to airport and i need to catch the plane at 9 50...but the earliest train arrive at 8 27 in Dusseldorf...so do i need to get the metro from trainstation to airport and how far is it? im a bit afraid to lose the plane

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,760 posts
231 reviews
8. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

It depends a bit which terminal your flight leaves from. If C (or B) best is to take the S11 light rail train directly from Dusseldorf HBf (where you'll come from Venlo) to terminal C. Takes 12 mins and goes 4 x per hour at least. But for terminal A you'd better take a northbound local train, exit at Dusseldorf Flughafen/airport station, and take the skytrain (free cable car) from there.

www.bahn.de

or

http://www.dus-int.de/dus_en/bahn

Give all timings.

Generally if the train from Venlo is on time, you should have no problem catching the plane.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

St. Petersburg...
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Erik, thank you so muchhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
10. Re: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?

Hi people thank you all !! If I take a taxi ride how much it will be ? Does anybody know?

Reply to: train from dusseldorf airport to venlo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted