We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Services in Venlo

4 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Services in Venlo

Hi,

I have a business trip in Venlo. Could you recommend a good Taxi/Cab service there?

I'm used to Uber, but not sure it's available there, most of the times.

Can I find something with a mobile app, English interface, as I unfortunately don't speak Dutch.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Venlo
Venlo
Limburg Province, The Netherlands
7 replies to this topic
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

Public transport is good as it is in most parts of the Netherlands. Are you sure you definitely need a taxi? Use 9292.nl for planning.

Otherwise there is no Uber in Venlo. Google is your friend: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Taxi+Venlo just call any of the companies. They'll speak English

Edited: 8:55 am, December 29, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Venlo
Venlo
Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

There is a taxicab stand in front of the railway station (Stationsplein) where you'll usually find one or more taxis waiting for customers. So usually you won't have to call one. FYI, taxis in the Netherlands have bright blue licence plates with black letters.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

But not all vehicles with those plates are used as taxis.

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

Yes, Uber drivers need to have the same bright blue plates; and of course, taxis can be off duty.

However, we're talking about taxis waiting in designated taxi spots in front of Venlo railway station. I see very little room for confusion.

Mentioned in this post
Venlo
Venlo
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

Thanks for the tip.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

Well. I can think about public transport. But, the two points i will be moving between, are 10 minutes driving apart. But about 58 minutes by public transport.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Services in Venlo

Thanks.

Reply to: Taxi Services in Venlo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted