We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from cologne/bonn airport to maastricht

Nottingham England
4 posts
Save Topic
how to get from cologne/bonn airport to maastricht

My son is working and living in Maastricht and has asked myself and my husband to spend Christmas with him, I have flights chosen but I am wondering if it is possible to get train or bus to maastricht at night as we don't land until about 21.30.

My son said he will pick us up but I would like a second option incase he is held up for any reason!

We are hoping to land there on either 23th or 24th Dec,

My other question would be, is there trains and buses on the 1st January?

Thankyou!

Mentioned in this post
Maastricht
Maastricht
Limburg Province, The Netherlands
Maastricht Underground
Historic Walking Areas, Caverns & Caves, Historic Sites, Castles
Boekhandel Dominicanen
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Basilica of Our Lady (Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek)
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Specialty Museums
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,692 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from cologne/bonn airport to maastricht

Hi there,

Well as for Jan 1st: don't worry. It will be a bit limited schedule, just as on other public holidays, but in Europe trains/buses DO go.

Only checked the trains, which are more to be expected as it's quite a long distance than buses.

On

http://www.koeln-bonn-airport.de

You'll also find an English section. The route would be

a) Airport to Aachen

b) From Aachen there are direct buses to Maastricht, don't run _that_ late in the night. Also trains to Heerlen Netherlands where you'd have to switch for another train to Maastricht.

There even is a train direct from airport to Aachen at 00:34 AM, which arrives Aachen close to 2 AM. That could be a fallback option, and then taxi to Maastricht from there (at least USD 100)?

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
JAN
JAN
1,137 Reviews
Nice, France
Europe
Europe
World
Aachen
Aachen
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Maastricht
Maastricht
Limburg Province, The Netherlands
2. Re: how to get from cologne/bonn airport to maastricht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 23, 2009