We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

I am planning to visit and stay in Limburg Province between 24th and 26th june by my car . I would like to stay in relax and naturally town such as Heijenrath.

Could you help me finding a good hotel or B&B that cost around 60 euro per night ?

What could I do in these 2 days ? I am planning to go to Valkenburg for Cable lift, toboggan run and Wilhelmina Tower

Note that me & my wife will be in honeymoon on that period :)

Thank you in advanced and I will appreciate any help with my requests

Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

sorry, it is 80 euro not 60

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
716 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

For 80€ i wouldn't set my standards to high, for this is a very popular area in tourist season, which has started in the given dates. Check the hotel beneath, which comes pretty close to your budget and has ok reviews here on TA:

http://www.gerardushoeve.nl/nl/

Heijenrath is a hamlet in a beautiful area, with lots of premium hiking trails. We often visit this small town for some great (day) hikes. You could walk into Belgium and Germany which are not that far away. In fact this is the main reason for people to visit Heijnenrath, there's not much else to do, i'me afraid.

You could use to make some very nice daytrips though.

Weather permitting, this is a very nice area to drive aswell; They call this Little Switserland for a good reason.

I could help you making a very nice route driving to Maastricht, which of course is another must.

Just let me know,

Cheers!

Edited: 6:13 am, June 01, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

Also try www.booking.com and look at photos and reviews.

Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

thank you very much

I think this hotel is the best one available now. So I will choose it definitely.

I find a source contain so ideas to do and some attraction to visit. Unfortunately, it does not contain any information such as routs, fees and duration it deserve

Could you help me with it

1- Drielandenpunt and the tower

2- He state that this site " see the links below " about 2 km away from Heijenrath and there are ice cream shops and taking-photos locations " as I understand "

travel.maktoob.com/vb/attachment.php…

travel.maktoob.com/vb/attachment.php…

3- A gogo in Valkenburg

http://www.agogovalkenburg.nl/uk

I am very sorry for my many request

Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1158497-d56588…

any idea about this hotel and its surroundings ? is it more natural and cozy than Heijenrath ?

Edited: 8:21 pm, June 01, 2013
Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

^^^^^

for this hotel, i am planning to stay the first day in exploring the surroundings area and the next day i will visit Vaals and aechen.

how is it sound ?

Edited: 8:31 pm, June 01, 2013
Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
716 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

Don't be sorry for the requests, Ahmed; that's the pupose of this forum!!

I'me a bit confused though: you're staying in Baarlo to explore the area--> not much to see or do there; it's mostly flat country, but maybe that might be kind of appealing for someone from Saudi Arabië ;-)

I would skip Baarlo and spend the extra day in Heijenrath to explore the surroundings which are much nicer as Baarlo's.

From Heijenrath you could visit Aachen in Germany, even make a wonderfull drive through the Eifel Mountains and visit quaint villages like Monschau. Next day visit Maastricht for which i could give you a very scenic drive.

Are you making a European roadtrip for your honeymoon? Do you drive down from Schiphol Airport? How long do you want to stay in Limburg?

The next day you want to visit Vaals and Aachen. When do you want to visit Heijenrath and how long?

I'll need some more info, so i can help you make a very nice stay in Limburg.

* Drielandenpunt is a major touristtrap in a foresty area with very little to do besides climbing the tower(from there you can see into Germany, Belgium and Holland), and do some hiking. Not worth the visit without children, imo!

*Haha funny you mention this icecreamshop; it's in my GPS-favorites. We have often passed it on one of our dayhikes.

This is their website:

http://www.wingbergerhoeve.net/index-en.htm

The adres for your car-GPS(i presume you have one?!):Terpoorterweg 4, Gulpen-Wittem

WARNING: you will have to stand in line, but it's worth the wait!

Valkenburg is a very touristy town, but it might be worth strolling the streets with it's sidewalk cafe's and maybe visit the caves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpoyLN2NyW0

ASP Adventures offers cavebiking in Valkenburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MUMy5C04k

Taking the cable car and next Toboggan down is another fun option as you mentioned.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers!

Edited: 5:50 am, June 02, 2013
Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

Is it really confusing ;) !!

I found this castle hotel fortuitously, and I like it because it is a historic with modern and beautiful rooms by a good price!. I thought it is good idea to stay with my wife in similar hotel but I did not find one near Heijenrath.

Yes, you can consider it as a European roadtrip. I will drive to Limburg from Brugge for 2 nights then I will go to Amsterdam.

For the cavebiking, let me think about it, I don’t think my wife will like it :)

For Drielandenpunt, will we across it somehow when I go to somewhere?

I search on internet and I found this website www.drielandenpunt.nl, is it the same place ?!!

i think takinf the car cable will make my wife happy since she has never ride one !

Is there any kind of icecream can be recommended ;)

Best wishes,

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
716 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

The Castle looks nice, but there's realy not much to see in this area.

How aboutCastle Wittem?

http://en.kasteelwittem.nl/

Is a little more pricy as the Baarlo Castle but it might just be the perfect place for you to stay a couple of nights instead of the Gerardushoeve. It's location is perfect: Heijenrath is just 8km away, and you're halfway to Aachen and halfway to Maastricht, Valkenburg is also just 8km away!!

Yes, cavebiking is not for everybody. I just suggest things!

Brugge is a nice town aswell!

I personally am not that crazy about Amsterdam, but that's just me. I would prefer to visit a smaller town like Dordrecht near Rotterdam or Delft, but we are all different, and that's a good thing!

www.drielandenpunt.nl--> yes, that's the place; you'll see lots of kids on the website.

"Is there any kind of icecream can be recommended"--> if you mean at the Winbergerhoeve...hm, everything is good, but i always go for the Praline Hazelnut and coconut.

That reminds me: what kind of food do you like--> haute cuisine, fast food, fish, Greek, Pizza.....maybe i could help you there.

If you realy like ice cream:

When visiting Aachen we always visit Eiscafe Del Negro: Jakobstrasse 73a, 52064 Aachen. They have ice cream you never tasted and seen before. Two scoops(1€ each) and you won't need dinner--> that big!

http://www.eiscafedelnegro.de/index.html

Gr,

Edited: 10:55 am, June 02, 2013
Qatif
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any help in preparing my Schedule & hotels

Yeah, I think this castle is better than others.

For Amsterdam, actually, I tried before 2 weeks canceling my hotel booking. Unfortunately, the booking was non refundable. Anyway, the booking is for 4 nights, I will go to Dam square and madame tussauds and other attractions on the 1st day. On 2nd day, I will go to Den Haage. While on 3rd day I will visit Volendam, Marken & Zaanseschans. On the last day, I am planning to go to dolfinarium or to a safari park. So , in fact, I will be outsid Amsterdam most of time!. Mention that I will spend one night in Giethoorn village.

Hmm, I think pizza is my choice. We prefer to be vegetarian when we travel.

I will go to Eiscafe Del Negro when I visit Aachen surely

I forget to ask you about car parking fees in Aachen, Vaals or other towns? Is it expensive ?