We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
96 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Hello everyone,

We are visiting Aachen this Easter weekend and we would like to drive to Maastricht from Aachen. We'd like to ask which parking garage should we use (we don't mind paying as long as it's safe), so we can explore the city on foot. It would be nice if we can find a parking near the tourist attractions or possibly near the tourist office. As I've said, we don't mind paying coz we know that parking fees in Europe can be steep.

Thank you for all your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Anyone in the center should be fine.

This one is right at the Vrijthof, costs 2,20 an hour

q-park.nl/tabid/…Default.aspx

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
96 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do we need to cross St. Servaas Bridge on foot from this parking garage? Is this near the town center? Close to the church of Vrijthof?

Another thing, we are interested to visit the Bishop's Mill, is this parking garage close to this spot? I just want to map out our tour coz we only have a few hours to spend in Maastricht!!

Thanks again..

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

You want this one:

youropi.com/nl/…q-park-o-l-vrouweplein-337

Type in your GPS:

Graanmarkt 1, Maastricht

and you'll be in front of it.

Walking distance to de Bisschopsmolen=250meters

Enjoy,

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
96 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Thank you Lelici49 for the parking info.

I will look at these two suggestions on google earth. I think the one that you suggested is much closer to the things we want to see. We;'re interested to check out the Bissschopsmolen, Helpoort, O. L. V., and most of the old walls that has remained.

As I can see that you're from Maastricht, can you point us to the direction where we can find the statue of D'Artagnan?

Could you also suggest to us the best food that we should try while we're in your hometown. We are not vegans, can eat meat.

Thanks so much for your help..

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

D'artagnan statue would be this one, i guess:

www.vanderkrogt.net/standbeelden/object.php…

It's in the Aldenhofpark.

You could have a very nice walk from the Parking garage i mentioned above towards this statue, and have a real good Sateh (if you're into this) at Bistro 'T Örgelke. They make the best sateh in town!! For real! Try the Sateh speciaal-3 big satehs with salads and baguette....yummie.

Coming out of the Parking go left towards the big Onze Lieve Vrouwen Church, passing the St. Bernardus Str. on your left. At the end of this str. go left into the Koestraat. At the end of this str. go right into Stenen Brug, and you're in front of The Bisschopsmolen.

http://www.bisschopsmolen.nl/index.htm

After visitng the mill, walk towards the Snit Pietersstraat en go left. After a couple of meters, go right into the Tafelstraat.

At end go left into Grote Looierstraat. Follow untill Zwingelput is on your left. Enter this street. At the end you'll see a Gate. Go underneeth into the park.

(you could also go up the stairs, and walk on the fortifications but that is hard to explain. You could walk up and back the same way though).

In the park, cross the bridge, go right and walk along the creek(Jeker) and the fortifications. At the end of the fortifications, go right towards the D'artagnan Statue.

Walk passed the statue(it is on your right hand) towards the Tongerse Straat and go right here.After 200mtrs on your left you'll find Bistro T Örgelke.

http://www.orgelke.nl/main.asp

Do yourself a favor and grab a bite here. Weather permitting they have a small sidewalk cafe, so you could eat outside!

Walk Tongerse Straat straight ahead till you see Bouillionstraat on your right. Enter it and take the first street on your left=Sint Servaasklooster.

Follow till the end, and go right towards The Vrijthof.

You could check this walk on Google-maps(hope this works):

http://maps.google.nl/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Graanmarkt+1,+Maastricht&fb=1&gl=nl&hnear=Maastricht&cid=0,0,12632779363745924959&ei=Tn6oTaS_DovG8QO9gIGnBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQnwIwAA

You're in the city Center now, where you can walk and shop for a couple of hours. Your only 20 minutes away from your car here. Just ask anyone, they'll point you in the right direction.

Oh, if you can go to Frituur Reitz on the Market Square(next to McDonalds) and grab a bag of fries there. There could be a big line waiting outside, but its worth the wait. Ask for friet zuurvlees en mayo or friet speciaal(chopped onions/curry/mayo....yummie)

http://www.mevrouwgerritsen.nl/?p=141=1

World famous for it's self bleded coffee/the and peanuts is Blanche Dael in the Wolfstraat in downtown area. Just ask anyone, or follow your nose. The roasted peanuts are to die for!! Ask 500gr. of pinda's!

Hope this helps you on your way to have a nice day in my hometown. More questions? Just ask, and i'll see what i can do.

Enjoy!!

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Sorry, the above link in Google Maps doesn't work , this one does....i hope.

Just copy and paste the link below in yor webbrowser, and you'll this citywalk:

http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Graanmarkt&daddr=Onze+Lieve+Vrouweplein+to:Stenenbrug+to:Stenenbrug+to:Tafelstraat+to:Grote+Looiersstraat+to:Grote+Looiersstraat+to:Zwingelput+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Tongersestraat+to:Bouillonstraat+to:Bouillonstraat+to:Sint+Servaasklooster+to:Vrijthof&hl=nl&geocode=FW7dBwMdWuVWAA%3BFcLdBwMdAt5WAA%3BFd7aBwMdEt1WAA%3BFVLaBwMd7NpWAA%3BFYbZBwMdzNpWAA%3BFaDXBwMdFtRWAA%3BFRjVBwMdpM5WAA%3BFfbRBwMd2s5WAA%3BFUbQBwMdz85WAA%3BFejQBwMdyrtWAA%3BFWrVBwMdrrhWAA%3BFaXYBwMdWMJWAA%3BFS_bBwMdc8lWAA%3BFbjdBwMdxslWAA%3BFSTnBwMdJMRWAA%3BFQLoBwMdEM5WAA&gl=nl&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=50.845541,5.691819&sspn=0.013142,0.027595&ie=UTF8&ll=50.84741,5.693278&spn=0.006517,0.013797&z=16

Enjoy...

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
96 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Thank you very much Lelici49 for your very detailed information, we really appreciate it! It's a big help, and we're glad that the info came from a local from Maastricht.

The walking direction is very good, we printed it and we're bringing the map with us. I also checked out the street view from google map webiste, so we have an idea of the town of Maastricht. I will have the English translation via altavista website.

Yes, we've heard about the delicious Frites so we're eager to taste that. We're also planning to visit Olivier bonbons for some chocolates.

Thanks for the great info on the Bishop's Mill, we'd like to try the Vlaai near that place. That bistro sounds good as well.

Thank you very much again Lelici49 for all your help! We're really excited to explore Maastricht this Easter weekend. Hope the shops are open.

More power....

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Hi,

i'me glad you liked the info.

You said you wanted to buy some bonbons at Olivier. The store has moved from Kesselskade 55, to a different location outside the downtown area:closest would be; Scharnerweg 64, Maastricht

http://www.olivierbonbons.nl/

There are some other chocolatiers in downtown Maastricht though:

1) Chocolaterie Boulanger, Spilstraat 23, Maastricht is also very good and is in the downtown area. You probably pas it on your way to Reitz Friture on the Market Square.

winkelparade.nl/maastricht/funshopping/Choco…

2) Friandises. Wycker Brugstraat 55, Maastricht

Located just on the other border of the river Maas crossing the St.Servaas Bridge.

youropi.com/nl/…friandises-chocolatier-192

Gr, lelici

p.s. I would appreciate some feedback when you visited Maastricht. Some info about things you liked and didn't like are always welcome!!!

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
96 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Hi Lelici49,

Many thanks again for the wonderful information on the different chocolatiers in Maastricht. That's very helpful. I'm more keen on trying the Chocolatier Boulanger. This will be a good choice coz their shop is in downtown area. I was hoping to try Friandises, but they're a little bit out of the way. We just want to try chocolates from Maastricht, coz I've read somewhere that they're good.

I forgot to thank you for the coffee/peanut suggestion at Blanche Dael shop. We'd love to bring home good coffee from Maastricht.

I just hope these shops are open when we visit them this April 23, Saturday.

Yes, I'll try to write a Maastricht trip report and post it here in the Forum!

Thank you once again for all your help!!

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking in Maastricht for a few hours, we don't mind paying!

Wow, you're coming this saturday. Be sure to get here urly, because on Good Friday downtown Maastricht(garages) tend to fill up very fast.

It will be crowded, for sure. The weather will be perfect(25C) and Eastern's around the corner, so lots of schools are closed.

Lots of Belgian and German people always visit Maastricht on this day.

Shops will be open untill 6pm, by the way.

I'me sure you will have a great day in Maastricht!!!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Gr.

Edited: 1:23 pm, April 18, 2011