We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limburgse Dagkaart valid to Aachen?

ground control
2 posts
Save Topic
Limburgse Dagkaart valid to Aachen?

Hello.

I see that for 5 EUR you can buy a card that seems to be valid in all of South Limburg.

From the Dutch that I understand, it seems to be also valid on the bus lines that go into Aachen (54, etc.).

In addition, it seems to be valid on the veolia train line that rides around valkenburg/kerkrade/maastricht/heerlen.

Is this correct?

Is it possible to buy these in the Maastricht train station or outside of it somewhere near?

I know you can get these in post offices and tobacco shops, but I will have heavy baggage.

Any help is always appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,673 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limburgse Dagkaart valid to Aachen?

Hi there,

Correct info. The card is valid all day in the weekend and after 9 AM on weekdays. And, contrary to the normal strippenkaart, you can buy the dagkaart from the bus driver (for cash, have the correct change).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

ground control
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limburgse Dagkaart valid to Aachen?

Greetings Erik & Sandya,

Thanks for the reply.

It's nice to know that I can buy it from the driver directly.

Kind regards,

ruhroh.

3. Re: Limburgse Dagkaart valid to Aachen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 18, 2009