We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinkpop 2008

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pinkpop 2008

Hi, Im thinking about going to the Pinkpop Festival this year and as you can tell im english, well Scottish actually,but never mind :o). I have a few Questions i was hoping you can help me with:

When are tickets on sale and where can i purchase them from an enlish speaking site?

How do i go about getting there, flights, Trains etc? I live in Aberdeen, Scotland and i've flown to the Netherlands when i went to Amsterdam from there before.

Any other information you think is relevent?

Maastricht Underground
Historic Walking Areas, Caverns & Caves, Historic Sites, Castles
Boekhandel Dominicanen
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Scenic Walking Areas
Basilica of Our Lady (Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek)
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Specialty Museums
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,614 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinkpop 2008

Thanks for posting this as my daughter and her boyfriend were going to come out for this from Glasgow. As I am an auld foggie I though that it was near Amsterdam and they could stay with me but its way in the south of the Netherlands near Maastricht.

Anyway this Dutch site has info

you could also try the ticketmaster site.

KLM have flights to Amsterdam or you can go to Edinburgh and again take KLM or Easyjet to Amsterdam then the train to Maastricht which will take around 2hr 40 and cost 40 euros. You can also get a through ticket to Maastricht on KLM from Aberdeen (change in Schiphol) but the cheapest I found this around the dates of the festival was 190 quid.

Another alternative would be to fly Ryanair Glasgow Prestwick to Brussels Charleroi (35 pounds approx) and then to Brussels Midi (south) station with the coach. There is a direct train to Maastricht from there which takes an hour and a half.

Have I covered everything?

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinkpop 2008

Tanks ron, thats all i need for just now, just gotta persude my mates to come now!!!

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinkpop 2008

I will add that the train between brussels and Maastricht cost 20EUR one way, and if you go to pinkpop, you can go from Maastricht by public transportation (train+bus), to find the way, it is really easy... the day of pinkpop, just follow the crowd :)

There is a camp site at pinkpop so if you bring your tent you can pay to stay there during the festival.

Everyone in the Netherlands speak english fluently so you won't have any problem to have fun.

If you need to convince your mate, just remind them that cannabis is legal here and there are plenty of coffee shops (places where you can smoke joints) in Maastricht to spend a couple of days before or after pinkpop.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinkpop 2008

Hey, my friend and I are heading to PinkPop from Glasgow and we got cheap flights to london then to Dusseldorf, which is an 1 hour by train away from the main campsite/festival! Through ryanair.com

Well hope that helps

Oegstgeest, The...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinkpop 2008

Why not take a train to Landgaaf instead of Maastricht? From the station it is a walking distance to the festival. Have fun!

6. Re: Pinkpop 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 22, 2009