We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you come to Apeldoorn

apeldoorn
2 posts
Save Topic
If you come to Apeldoorn

I live in Apeldoorn. What do you wanna know?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Why, in your opinion, should one visit Apeldoorn? What does it have to offer? Why choose Apeldoorn over another destination in the Netherlands?

apeldoorn
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Come and see. I do not advertise for my hometown, I just want to help out if you have any specific questions. For any target audience we have something special in Apeldoorn, from family entertainment to a royal palace; from nightlife to a walk in the woods; cheap places to stay a luxurious hotels. You name it, I know it. It is not my intention to get as many tourists as possible to Apeldoorn but if you come you can ask me for directions.

Apeldoorn

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Well, I must say, the Apeldoornforum was rather dead, but you brought it alive Apeldoorn. Now the tourist will come in hurdles.

-lol-

Toronto
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

I want to know if there is a Canadian war museum in Appledoorn, and where it is. We've heard that it's on the second floor of the old town hall..........?? We will have a car when we come there in October. How will we find it, and is it open on Sunday?

Thank you for your help.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Hi Chassy. Can't help you on Apeldoorn info (maybe Apeldoorn can) but there is a very impressive Canadian War Memorial in Groesbeek near Nijmegen. Visit www.mapquest.com for itineraries in The Netherlands.

Tet

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

We liked Het Loo Palace and also the Apenheul.

Ipswich, England
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

My Uncle is buried in the Ugchelen- Heidehof general cemetery as he was shot down during WW II. We are bringing my mother to see her brothers grave, she is 75 and has not seen it since she was 15 years old. Could you possibly give a precise directions to the cemetry as we have the plot details etc but no directions. We are having a long weekend in Germany and have hired a car to visit Apeldoorn. My wife and I are trying to keep this a secret to surprise my parents.

Many thanks

Leigh Thomas

My Uncles's name is Josiah Robert Connor.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,743 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Hi Leigh,

Visited Heidehof a few years back during a walk. It's close to the main through-road from Apeldoorn to Ughelen, and also not that far from the highway - but there is no exit nearby.

This website, in Dutch, at least shows a reasonably detailed map:

http://www.ugchelen.org/heidehof/

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

israel
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

Apeldoorn is in a great location...not far from Amsterdam and next door to one of the best modern art collections and sculpture gardens in the world, the Kroller Muller museum..in the middle of an amazing national park.

Minnesota
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: If you come to Apeldoorn

In years past, I have visited Apeldoorn with a group of American University students. We took a direct bus from the Apeldoorn train station to the Kroller-Muller Museum, and later came back to the station on a bus from right in front of the museum. But now, when I go to Openbaar Vervoer's "advice" site, they show NO such bus. Is there still any convenient connection (for thirteen students on a Saturday) between Apeldoorn and the KMM? ---Art History Prof

Get answers to your questions about Apeldoorn