We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The skinny bridge amsterdam

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
The skinny bridge amsterdam

Me and my boyfriend are going to Amsterdam for Valentine's Day and I really want to go to the skinny bridge because it looks beautiful at night.

Now I've heard all the horror stories about people being mugged at knifepoint and it being more likely that you'll be attacked at night. Does anyone know how safe in general the area around the skinny bridge is? is it a notoriously dangerous place or is it one of the better areas?

Erasmus Bridge
Architectural Buildings, Bridges
Magere Brug
Bridges, Historic Sites
Amsterdam Canal Ring
Bridges, Neighborhoods, Scenic Walking Areas
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,893 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The skinny bridge amsterdam

>>Now I've heard all the horror stories about people being mugged at knifepoint <<

Tosh!! Where on earth did you hear that nonsense.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The skinny bridge amsterdam

Huh??? I am searching my entire brain about any first-hand or even second-hand story about a mugging in Amsterdam, and I cannot find any. No one has ever told me about a mugging in all my 15 years of living here. I may have read about an attack now and then in a newspaper but even those stories are hard to remember because it hardly ever happens.

I think you are talking about a different Amsterdam in another country, not the Netherlands.

As a whole Amsterdam is one of the safest capitals in the world.

Your main dangers are: getting pickpocketed in crowded areas (you will only notice afterward, it is done sneakily), or getting hit by a bike when you suddenly walk onto a bike lane.

Read more about safety here. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c198229/The-N…

This is another romantic point in Amsterdam: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g188590-d2…

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

3. Re: The skinny bridge amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about The Netherlands