We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach from Amsterdam to London.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Coach from Amsterdam to London.

Hi,

How far ahead should I book a seat? and;

What are the experiences on the night or day one?

Thanks

GeeCee

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach from Amsterdam to London.

I know that this (Eurolines?) service is pretty cheap but it takes forever, 12 hours I think. A friend of mine did it recently and vowed never again.

Also with the recent fire in the channel tunnel (which the Eurolines coaches use) it seems that there will be delays for months whilst they fix the damage so that could add even more time.

If you are not coming for some time yet then I would look at flying. Easyjet, BA and BMI all do one way flights.

Alternatively you can also take the train (Eurostar to Brussels and Thalys/normal train to Amsterdam) or there is a ferry on Stenna lines but again thats overnight.

If you must take the bus due to budget constraints then as far as I know its a reliable service.

2. Re: Coach from Amsterdam to London.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 10, 2009