We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal for one

Rju
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Meal for one

Hi I will be in Zurich on my own. Is there any traditional swiss restaurant you recommend that would be okay alone? Is fondue possible alone? Also, are there any less high end areas for shopping for clothing (normal priced stores)?

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,713 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal for one

Occasionally restaurants will serve fondue for one person. There is a "Swiss" restaurant at the Adler Hotel in Zürich which has fondues and the Adler is in the old town - lovely area. But normally we don't eat fondue in summer or in the cities. It is a "mountain" and "winter" thing. Nothing to stop you from having one if it is on the menu though...

"Normal" Swiss prices might seem high to someone who doesn't live here no matter where the shop. Probably the cheapest places to buy things would be at large supermarkets, Coop City stores, Jemoli and Manor.

Rju
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal for one

Thank you for replying. I mean normal as in Zara etc, not Prada.

I know fondue in summer is odd but want to try it while there!;)

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,713 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal for one

OK Zara is not the cheapest shop in town but there is one on the Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich.

4. Re: Meal for one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 30, 2017