We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

Help. I can't find any of the usual low cost European airlines that serve the Venice to Zurich route. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

There is a budget airlines overview at www.whichbudget.com or www.skyscanner.org (or was it .net?). Plus, many consolidators like ebookers (www.ebookers.ch) have the budget airlines along with the "big ones" in their search algoritms, so you can directly compare. Sometimes Swiss or Lufthansa can be cheaper or fly at better time for the same money, so you have to make this comparison.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
260 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

you might find the cheapest option is the overnight direct between zurich & venice.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

Only Swiss flies this route directly, according to

www.veniceairport.it/save/volis/search.jsp…

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

There are direct trains run jointly between the Swiss and Italian railways under the title of Cisalpino. The journey is very scenic and saves the stress of getting to and from the airports. www.cisalpino.ch

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

I've just checked the cisalpino.ch site myself. There is a daily service leaving Venice at 10.51 arriving Zurich 18.51 cost 105.20 Euro first class, 67.40 Euro 2nd class. In my opinion that looks very good value.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

>I've just checked the cisalpino.ch site myself. There is a daily service leaving Venice at 10.51 arriving Zurich 18.51 cost 105.20 Euro first class, 67.40 Euro 2nd class. In my opinion that looks very good value.

Alternatively, there is a daily night train from Zürich to Venice. While there is only the couchette option available (T4 or T6), the beds are significantly more comfortable than in many other night trains in Europe.

7. Re: I need a low cost airline from Venice to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 22, 2009