We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

After 2 weeks in Switzerland, need to take train from Zurich to Boppard. Cost is $158 (without Rheinland-Pfalz ticket). Stay one night. Then train Boppard to Dortmund. Cost is $62 Stay several nights, after which relatives will drive us to Dusseldorf airport.

When I buy tickets in Zurich, can I buy the Rheinland-Pfaltz ticket at the same time to get my travel from Bingen to Boppard covered for that day? Is that the economical and best way to do it?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

The fare is the same or a bit less (depends on the exchange rate on the day) if you buy just a regular ticket! You don't need the Rheinland-Pfaltz ticket for Zurich to Boppard. A second class ticket purchased at the ticket window on the day of travel is 134 Swiss francs and there is a special fare that might be available for your date of travel that is 98 francs but it will require you to specify which trains and will not be valid on any other trains.

Hope this helps.

midwest
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

Thanks very much, kileysmom, for your comments. They do help. I'll have to think about using the special fare and its restrictions. Do you know how close to train departure dates they allow you to purchase the special fare?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

I'm not sure. You can go on the Swiss Rail website and see what dates allow it.

www.sbb.ch/en

Hope it works out for you!

4. Re: Best train route from Zurich to Boppard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 29, 2015