We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

change of snow fall in March.

1 post
Save Topic
change of snow fall in March.

I went Zurich in February 2013.It was grate . I will be going again next month ( 8th March 2014 ) with my daughters. I was told that the changes of snow fall might be lesser. Is it really grate difference within a month ? Need ur experience info.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: change of snow fall in March.

There is not much of a difference. Statistically March is a little bit warmer than February. But especially in the last few years, there was quite some snowfall during March too. Last year we even received snow end of April. On the other hand it's February right now and so far no snow at all in the lowlands...

2. Re: change of snow fall in March.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 am, February 28, 2014
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: change of snow fall in March.

It is impossible to predict what the weather will be a month from now. But based on past years (2013 was somewhat of an exception) it is unusual to have snow at low altitude in March. And especially unusual to have snow that stays around. We rather expect to see spring flowers sticking their shoots out of the ground in March! Daffodils, crocuses etc.

4. Re: change of snow fall in March.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2015