We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, England...
7 posts
Save Topic
Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Hi ~ Can anyone advise the best way ( train or tram etc ) to get from the Airport to the Hotel Zürichberg ? I think there's a train station under the Airport . Thanks.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Hotel address is Orellistrasse 21, CH-8044 Zürich

Use the SBB to find transport schedules.

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?

To: 8044 Zürich, Orellistrasse 21

Yes, there is a Train/S-Bahn station at the airport which you would use to get to the Zürich Hauptbahnhof [Main station]. From the main train station, take the Streetcar/Tram #6 in the direction of Zoo. Get off at the final stop, Zoo, and walk the last 100 yards back to the Sorell Hotel Zürichberg.

The correct 2nd class ZVV ticket would be for 3-zones [121+110+110] and costs 6,60 CHF. Travel time would be 35-45 minutes.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Would same apply to me and my wife arriving in Zurich (ZRH) Airport on Sunday, Oct 20 to our hotel - Olympia Hotel Zurich? Address: Badernerstrasse 324, 4. Aussersihl, Zurich, 8004.

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Hi Californiarey... yes, it is still easiest to take the train in to the city (Zurich HB = main station), and then take a tram from there to your hotel. in your case take tram-3 (direction Albisrieden) to the stop Albisriederplatz.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

Thank you. Which website can I go to schedule and fare?

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

www.sbb.ch and the local transport site www.zvv.ch

6. Re: Zurich ~ Travel from Airport to Hotel Zürichberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2014