We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days only and I have information overload and no idea!

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 days only and I have information overload and no idea!

Hi Switzerland experts

Arriving in Zurich early Sunday 1 Sep, 13 and departing Wednesday 4 September also early in morning, I am thoroughly confused about how much we can squeeze in.

I found a bus trip of two days that seems to see a tiny bit of everything going from Zurich to Geneva but only leaves on Monday morning - meaning we would need to catch a train back from Geneva to Zurich on Tuesday evening to catch our plane on Wed morning. Is this possible? Enjoyable?

There are lots of day trips out of Zurich but how to decide which ones?

Obviously it is all personal choice - but how do we experience the essence of Switzerland? Having no knowledge of Switzerland I would love a bit of guidance. We want to see alps and scenery but not necessarily slide down "fun lifts". We are a bit the wrong side of 60 so don't want to go hiking, just seeing. We love trains but are not very savvy with travel and finding our way independently.

Thanks for any tips - I know I am asking a lot.

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 days only and I have information overload and no idea!

thanks Kashie. I am very much tending towards the bus trip for the reasons you stated - to see a lot even if it is only in little bits. The trains seem to go very frequently between Geneva and Zurich so getting back to Zurich in the early night should not be hard? But then I wonder if I will regret not going to the top of one of the alps on the day trips. Would we see the Alps on a bus trip as we go past?

Homeozzie

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 days only and I have information overload and no idea!

You will see them from far away, but you will not experience them.

13. Re: 3 days only and I have information overload and no idea!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 27, 2014