We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near airport

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
419 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near airport

I need a hotel for 1 night near the airport for an early morning flight- any suggestions- also need transport from hotel- to airport- thanks

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
161 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel near airport

Would you recommend going on Priceline a month in advance?

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel near airport

I did mine at least a month in advance, maybe more. I think, according to what I've heard, that hotels "give" so many rooms to priceline in anticipation of not being fully booked. Then, if a convention books, or a tour group, etc, those rooms are still available whether the hotel sells out or not. If anyone wants to chime in here, please do. I did priceline in downtown Atlanta this summer for an athletic event. The hotels which I got gave discount rates to athletes, but after a short time showed 'no availability". I still got my rooms at half of what the team paid. My husband is president of a small company whose employees travel quite a bit. We use priceline almost exclusively in places like Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis, etc. If all you need is an area and you are assured a star system and it doesn't matter how many beds are in the room, you are fine. The one problem I have had with the system is smoking rooms. It was a huge problem at one place in Atlanta- the Marriott. Of course, now they're going smokefree, but if this is a huge issue for you, check ahead.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel near airport

LLindaC, again thank you, thank you, thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for!!!

pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel near airport

I also need a room near the airport for one night prior to an early flight. We are traveling with our young children, and I am having a hard time finding a hotel to accommodate us all in one room (2 adults and 2 children). Any suggestions?

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel near airport

try priceline, name your own price option, pick Zurich airport area & 4 star hotel. You should be all set.

Thanks,

Vicky

pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel near airport

Sorry priceline doesn't accommodate the number of people in a room. Uunfortunately the hotels near the airport I have found online and contacted only have 2 twin beds in a room - or king (the Hilton and Rennaisance included). Since we have two young children, I would like to have our family in one room. With this exception we haven't had any problem finding lodging. In fact, it's been relatively easy finding family oriented lodging all over the alps. Any other suggestions out there. Thanks

17. Re: Hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 17, 2009