We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

Could someone please suggest a good hotel or town to stay in either in Zurich or perhaps within 1 hr train trip from Zurich Airport? My husband and i will be flying in to Zurich end of August and staying 4 nights. We would like to visit Lucerne and some areas around Zurich by train. I am not sure whether to stay in Zurich or perhaps in a smaller town outside Zurich that might be less expensive. I would like to be close to an old town centre and an easy walk to train station.We prefer quaint old towns rather than busy, modern city life. I would like to find a place for less than $800AU for 4 nights. I liked the sound of Rapperswil but having trouble finding a hotel in the town.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

Here's a website for tourism for Rapperswil and there is a hotel booking service there. I would put in my travel dates (easy even though the website is only German) and the google each hotel that comes up as available.

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

Thank you kileysmum. I will check this out.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

I also would like to do a scenic train trip while in Zurich. The Bernina Express looks wonderful but I don't think it can be done in a day. Are there any scenic train trips that can be done in a day from Zurich? or perhaps from Zurich heading into Austria for our next stop?

4. Re: Accommodation near Zurich and close to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 14, 2014