We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice town/village as base near Zurich

Muscat, Oman
14 posts
Save Topic
Nice town/village as base near Zurich

Hello, I will be visiting the Zurich area during the last week of June with my family and will be flying out of Zurich Airport.

I would appreciate if you could advice me of a town or village to stay in as a base for exploring the area that is not far away from Zurich Airport. 30 minutes drives from the airport would be suitable.

Your kind input and advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Zilfi

Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,015 reviews
from $173.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Tour from Zurich...
351 reviews
from $249.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,040 reviews
from $249.80*
Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice town/village as base near Zurich

You don't need a rental car in Switzerland and neither do you need it for travel to/from Zurich Airport. Rail goes everywhere you need including directly into the airport.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice town/village as base near Zurich

Neerech is a beautiful place to stay. 510 bus takes you directly to the airport. Also to Oberlatt station, where the brilliant train will take you to Zurich HB. The public transport in & around Zurich are second to none, The most efficient public transport of anywhere we have travelled in the world. you will not be disappointed.

3. Re: Nice town/village as base near Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 04, 2014