We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Zurich and Trento

Elmsdale, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Zurich and Trento

I am travelling to Europe for the first time and would appreciate anyone who can give me some advice on travelling between Zurich and Trento. I will be flying into the Zurich airport on the morning of June 12th and was wondering what would be the best way to travel to Trento from there. I was checking out the websites for the train but couldn't really get an idea what it would cost or how to get from the airport to the train station. If someone could give me a fool-proof routing, I would be most appreciative.

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,005 reviews
from $168.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
347 reviews
from $243.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,031 reviews
from $243.20*
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,983 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Zurich and Trento

>I was checking out the websites for the train but couldn't really get an idea what it would cost or how to get from the airport to the train station.

You have to enter Zürich airport as your starting point, not the main station. And I am afraid you are in for a very long train journey.

You will have to take the next train to the main station, catch a train towards Innsbruck and change there for a train to Trento. The whole schedule is easy to see on www.sbb.ch, but for the pricing you will have to break it up in three national pieces:

Zürich airport - Buchs on www.sbb.ch

Feldkirch - Brenner on www.oebb.at

Brenner-Trento on www.trenitalia.it

2. Re: Travel between Zurich and Trento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 14, 2009