We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Hi,

I have purchased a super saver ticket online on SBB, for travel from Spiez to Milan. I have chosen the delivery option as ticket counter. I now recieved a PDF mentioning the ticket booking details (it however does not have the passenger name).

- I believe I need to carry this PDF and passport to a swiss station and collect the ticket. Am I right here?

- Can I collect it from any swiss station like Zurich\ laterbrunnen? Or it needs to be collected only from Spiez?

- Do I need to present any other documents also?

- Is there some specific time I should be collecting this ticket, like same day of travel, or I can collect it any day before travel?

Can someone please help me out.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Hi Krati J,

These are the rules in this matter -

>>>>You can pick up your ticket at the ticket counter of any staffed station in Switzerland. Just go to the counter and quote the order number given on the confirmation page which appears once you have completed your booking. You must also show official identification. <<<<

List of staffed stations and ticket counter opening hours

and the list of such stations -

https:/…ipsSchritt_5_0.do

Click on the given link there.

You can pick up the ticket at any of such stations during counter hours and on any day prior to departure also.

Have fun.

arvind

Edited: 9:06 am, March 31, 2013
Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

The link you shared gets redirected to https://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/b2c/sprache.do… for me. Here I could not find the list of the stations. anyhow, I will be visiting Zurich, Lucerne, Bern and Lauterbrunnen, and I have a special offer ticket booking for Spiez to Milan. Can I safely assume I can collect ticket from any of these stations? I just wanted to reconfirm once. :)

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Yes, you can collect the ticket at any major train station where there is a service counter (as opposed to very small stations where there is only a ticket machine). All of the cities you have mentioned have large train stations with very friendly english speaking "travel desks". I think you will find that the Swiss train system is amazingly well organized and runs 99.9% perfectly.

Enjoy your trip.

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

Great, Thanks a lot for your response.

5. Re: How to collect tickets for online booking on sbb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 03, 2014