We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks starting and ending in Zurich

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks starting and ending in Zurich

Hello Zurich experts!

I've got a family trip to Zurich in May this year. We're a Singaporean family, with grown kids and parents in their late 50s, all healthy and able to walk some distance. We are looking for a trip with delicious food, beautiful sceneries, and some history and arts will be nice too. Currently at a very early stage of trip planning, do you have places to recommend? We'd probably spend a few days in Switzerland, heard that the Swiss Alps is nice. Also thinking of heading out to Italy, Milan and Rome. But these are tentative. Will like to hear your ideas on what will make a wonderful trip in this part of Europe. Travelling options wise, flights / train are both fine.

Thank you!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
8 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks starting and ending in Zurich

Hello from Zurich! I lived in balmy Singapore for 3 years...loved it!

I think that you will enjoy the landscapes of Switzerland...its very different to Singapore. Zurich and Switzerland in general have a lot to offer. Most of the major cities in Switzerland are an easy train ride from Zurich...Bern, Basel, Lûcerne and Geneva (a little further away) I guess it depends how long you want to stay in Switzerland? Then maybe its easier for people to recommend things to see and do. Switzerland is a small country but there really is just so much to see here!!

Travelling by train is so so easy and efficent. There really is no reason to fly, especially when you can get from Zurich to Austria, France, Italy, Germany all by train (and you get to see the great scenery along the way) Trains are clean and always on time. Train travel can be expensive so make sure you look into getting a Swiss Pass if you are going to be here for an extended amount of time.

www.myswitzerland.com/en/swiss-pass-en.html

2. Re: 2 weeks starting and ending in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 28, 2014