We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich Opera Dress code

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Zurich Opera Dress code

We are staying in Zurich before heading to Zermatt for skiing. We will be seeing an opera while in Zurich. Will my husband be dressed well enough in a shirt, tie and dressy sweater or should he wear a suit coat?

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Zermatt
Zermatt
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,046 Reviews
from $163.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
363 Reviews
from $250.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,050 Reviews
from $250.80*
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich Opera Dress code

Hi, Zurich is pretty casual for a large financial center but I would doubt that gentlemen attend the opera in the evening in sweaters even with a tie. Hopefully, someone who attends the opera in Zurich will reply soon as I do not but am judging on my experience with other events in Zurich and with London dress for similar activities.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
London
London
England, UK
Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich Opera Dress code

I don't know specifically about the opera but for classical concerts in general, even jeans are fine.

At the risk of being provocative, people who feel the need to dress up to go to a concert are often there because it's the place to be seen more than for the music... which is the last thing that classical music needs!

3. Re: Zurich Opera Dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2014