We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations while in Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chambersburg...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations while in Zurich

I will be traveling to visit a friend in Zurich at the end of April through the beginning of May. I will be traveling with my 4 year old son and we will be staying in Europe for 14 days total. We are planning to take 2 short trips via train to Milan and Munich. Any suggestions for must do ,must sees? Any suggestions on days to travel to Milan and Munich? I'm not interested in the night life since I will be traveling with my son, but I am interested in making the most of our trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations while in Zurich

Hi, the Zurich zoo is great, there is a children's museum in Winterthur (about 30 minutes by train from Zurich), kids usually like the lake boats and the trams as well. He ight be a bit young for Ballenberg - an outdoor museum of Swiss life. There's a ferris wheel by the lake near the end of the Bahnhofstrasse.

The Zurich website has lots of ideas for things to do

www.zuerich.com

Hope this helps.

Chambersburg...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations while in Zurich

Absolutely that helps tremendously!! Thank you so much! I'm sure he will end up loving these great suggestions.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations while in Zurich

I hope so! Please do a bit of a report on what you ended up doing and what he enjoyed - we are short of information on things for kids often.

switzerland
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations while in Zurich

- Zoologisches Museum by the university: very child-friendly and good place if it rains. Free of charge.

- Kunsthaus: they have a special children's guide book. Remember to bring crayons and paper.

- the Zoo, of course

- Kinderzoo Rapperswil: a little zoo aimed for young children (though not very animal friendly, in my opinion...) Take the boat there (Zürich-Rapperswil takes about an hour) and the train back.

- Nice playgrounds are:

Bäckeranlage in Kreis 4 (in the Red Light District but safe and multicultural, nice outdoor and indoor café)

GZ Wpikingen by the Siehl (nice walk from Hauptbahnhof along the river, some animals, also with café)

Lindenhof in the Altstadt, close to Bahnhofstrasse

Chinawiese by the Lake

Sonnenberg (lovely view over Zürich)

Let me know if you also need suggestion for restaurants and cafés!

5. Re: Recommendations while in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 04, 2014