We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any help most appreciated

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any help most appreciated

I am travelling with my sister to a gig in Biel/Bienne on 7th Dec

we need to know the cheapest way to get there from Zurich International and also a rough idea of costs !

Thank you

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,669 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any help most appreciated

What is "Zürich International" - do you mean the airport? If so, you take a train. It is the only way to go. Trains run from the airport to Geneva via Biel about once an hour. Leave the Customs hall, go down the escalator, get your ticket and get on the next train.

For schedules and fares see www.sbb.ch/en

If you miss your planned train, then wait for the next one. No reservations needed.

London, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any help most appreciated

Yes I did mean airport.Thank you so much for your help.

Also is it very expensive in switzerland ? Thanks again!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,669 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any help most appreciated

Is what expensive in Switzerland? Train fares? I don't think so, compared to my experience in the UK but you can see for yourself on the SBB site.

London, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any help most appreciated

Sorry I mean in general, like food, alcohol, etc ! Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,669 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any help most appreciated

In restaurants I find prices to be lower than in the UK, mainly because here the service is included in the menu prices as well as the tax. So we do not tip. If we do tip it is because we have had excellent service and in whch case we leave a franc or two. Open wine in cafés is about the same cost as a 33cl glass of beer or a coca cola.

An important thing to bear in mind are the "menus" offered at lunchtime, during the week usually. Priced from about 17 to 25 frs these may have 1 to 3 courses. These daily specials are called menu du jour or plat du jour in French, Tagesteller in German. Look for them! Eat your main meal at lunch time.

One inexpensive restaurant which you can find in many places in this country is Manora. Really fresh, cooked on the spot, food at a more than reasonable price. It is cafeteria style. A hot lunch for two people there can cost as low as 25frs with water and coffee included.

6. Re: Any help most appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013