We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

Hi everyone... i m arriving in zurich on 24 sept and leaving zurich for paris on 29 sept. I had booked a day excursions trip to Jungfraujoch , which cost us ard US$199 and another day excursions trip to lucerne. We found both are costly. Hence we decided to take the glacier express from zurich using swiss rail pass instead, which is cheaper ... can anyone help us in planning our trip? Thanks in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,015 reviews
from $173.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Tour from Zurich...
350 reviews
from $249.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,040 reviews
from $249.80*
Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

Are you staying all 5 days in Zurich? Lucerne is an alternative and is only an hour away by train.

Do not pre-book any mountain trips as they are weather dependent. Decide on the day and make your own way. It is easy with the integrated transport system and you do not need an organised tour.

Jungfrauoch is too far from Zurich or Lucerne. If you want a glacier experience then visit Mt Titlis.

www.titlis.ch/index.php?lang=en

The Glacier Express runs between St Moritz or Zermatt so you would need to stay nearer either of these places to be able to make the journey. Use this map link to see where they are located in relation to Zurich.

map.search.ch/

www.glacierexpress.ch/en/Pages/default.aspx

From 1 September to 30 November there is a 2for1 offer on 4 day Swiss Saver Passes. As you will be in Switzerland for 5 days then the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi-Pass will probably give the best value.

swisstravelsystem.com/en/specials-en/2for1-s…

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

There is no need to book ANY excursions...just buy a train ticket or Swiss Pass and get on the train and go. My first suggestion on how to spend 5 days in Zurich is to "get out of Zurich". Head for Lucerne or the Interlaken Region.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

Thank you for giving me such good tips! I will take train and not book any excursions then :)

4. Re: How to spend a 5 day trip in zurich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 13, 2013