We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Switzerland

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
4 Days in Switzerland

My friend and I are spending 4 days in Switzerland and would like to go on the Glacier Express Tour or the Bernina Express Tour. We would like to begin in Zurich but don't know how to book these tours in the U.S. Also, we need to take the train to Vienna from the city we end up in. Can anyone help out?

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Gray Line Zurich
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Best of Switzerland Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Zurich Tourist Information – Offizielle Stadtfuhrungen
Visitor Centers, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Foxtrail Zurich
Sightseeing Tours
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,062 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

Where are you arriving from and into which Swiss city?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,289 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

Hi chris702,

As you say you are starting from Zürich, I would just take the train immediately to Zermatt and stay two nights. Then take the Glacier Express to St. Moritz and stay two nights -- take the Bernina Express on one of your days in St. Moritz.

After your two nights in St. Moritz, take the train to Vienna, via Chur & Sargans. The train trip will be 9 or 10 hours.

You can check all your train schedules and routes at the Swiss rail site at

www.rail.ch

Have fun as you plan!

s

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

I have three full days in Zurich before leaving. I want to get out of the city. You suggestion above sound interesting can you write more details and info.

Thanks

Beth

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
727 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

You don't have to book a tour to get around in Switzerland. Just buy a train pass(or not) and go to the station of you choice. The trains are safe, not usually crowded, and you can set your watch by them. There is usally a bus or tram at the train station in the town where you stop with convenient connections to wherever else you want to go.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

Thanks for all the advice. We decided to spend 3 days in Bern and use that as our base. We plan to go to Lucerne and do the Golden Pass tour. Also take the Lotschberg train for a short tour. We'll then spend 1 day in Zurich before taking the train to Innsbruck.

I really looking forward to this trip.

Chris 702

Mentioned in this post
Innsbruck
Innsbruck
Tirol, Austria
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

We are also in Zurich for just three days. We just wanted to see Zurich, and spend one day in Lucerne. Is it better to get the Golden Pass tour, or go with the swiss pass? Can you purchase both at the train station?

7. Re: 4 Days in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 21, 2013