We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on lay over

Great Barrington, MA
1 post
Save Topic
What to do on lay over

I will be having a nine hour layover in Zurich during the day and i'm planning on what to do any suggestions. I'm a nervous traveler but want to see the city and its natural settings.

Opfikon
Level Contributor
74 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on lay over

Hi from Zurich

I suggest a ride into the city.

At the main train station is the local tourist office.

From there also are city tours.

Or have a look on www.zuerich.com

From lunch or dinner I recommend go to the old town with all it's restaurants. You will get from local Swiss Food to Sushi, Pizza and much more. For all tastes.

Have fun

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
260 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on lay over

1) Travel light. Any extra luggage can be stored in lockers at the airport.

2) At the Airport there is a train station. At the ticket counter purchase a 24-hour "ZURICH CARD". It costs around CHF 15, includes ride into the city by train (11 min), access to all public transport in the city, including some boat rides and the train to the top of uetliberg. If the weather is poor, then visit the many museums which are generally free together with the ZurichCARD. Make sure when you get the ZurichCARD that you get the brochure that tells you what you can use the card for. It also includes a useful map.

More info or to do some advance planning, visit www.zuerich.com/e/zuerichcard.htm

Enjoy!