We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

just wondering :p ....

any idea how much will this cost? what's roughly the cost of a bar of Lindt choc at Migos and Coop?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

1,50-2,50 Fr, you get a discount if you buy several.

singapore
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

thanks altamiro...

how about the sprungli hot choc?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

Don't remember the price - but if you can pay for the flight to Zürich the hot chocolate won't bancrupt you, even one from Sprüngli :-)))

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
260 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

it's around 5 francs for the hot chocolate. note that at paradeplatz there are 2 sprüngli cafes. a small one on the ground floor and a much nicer one upstairs. unless you are in a hurry, go upstairs. on sundays they have a really nice brunch as well!

to compare ... also famous is cafe schober's hot chocolate. you better hurry, because it is closing soon for major rennovations. you get a really nice hot chocolate (order with cream on top). the milk there is delivered fresh from a local farm.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

as per the previous post, highly recommend going upstairs for a coffee and cake - lots of locals in here enjoying themselves and the staff are very friendly. Its a nice treat to sit up there having a coffee and snack after a day of shopping!! Its not too expensive either for a nice experience in good location.

singapore
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

Thanks everyone...i am just so curious about the price cos i'm thinking of buying heaps of chocolate back to singapore so I need to roughly know the price.appreciated all that feedback :-))

I am a hot choc fan, and have heard about how decadent Swiss chocolate is. can't wait to try.If I were to waste all those calories, I'd better invest in gd chocolate(and I know there are plenty in Switzerland). :-0

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

hello eclectic_eel, the prices arent that expenses from memory (although i didnt buy many only truffles). They are only a couple of euros each from what i remember

singapore
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

thanks icunning...sorry to sidetrack a bit here....but i noticed you came from melbourne and I just had to say I truly enjoyed having afternoon tea during winter in Melbourne at Brunetti's at Lygon St(it's close to where I stayed when I was in Melbourne), as well as one at St Kilda (which has amazing cakes!)

just a penny of my thoughts :-) and yes, i do miss melbourne...

ok sorry everyone... now back to the topic of zurich... :p

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sprungli hot chocolate at the paradeplatz

the hot chocolate is exactly 5 SFr (when i was there 3 weeks ago). you also get a small sample piece of Criollo chocolate with it. you might want to try the Frey chocolate bars at Migros; they start at 1.3 SFr or so for the 100g bars, and go up with the fancier ones. even though it's pedestrian in Switzerland, coming from the usa, i was very surprised at the quality for the price; maybe it's just romanticism, but i thought they were better than the Lindt bars i've had here before. (i brought lots back, and everyone who's tried them has been amazed!)